How to Connect Laravel Forge by using SSH or SFTP in 4 Easy Steps
STEP 1: SSH KEY GENERATE
- First Lets learn how to create an SSH key on your laptop.
- Go to Terminal on Mac or Windows as Administrator.
- In a Command Prompt run command:
ssh-keygen -t rsa -C "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Change your email as you want. And Hit Enter
- Your system will generate a key and will ask you for the file path and name. If you want you can give a name.
- After putting a name or without giving a name, hit Enter, it will ask you for a Passphrase, you can provide any passphrase if you want but we recommend keeping it empty.
- After hit Enter you have to redo with providing that Passphrase or without which you have done before. Hit Enter Again
- Now System will show you Generated Fingerprint and also will show you where it’s saving.
STEP 2: Find Key on your local Laptop
- Now go to your laptop and find that fingerprint where you save it, follow the path.
- In our case its on /Users/arifsmacpro/.ssh/id_rsa)
- Filename should be fcf and fcf.pub, there you can find 2 files.
- Open .pub file with a text editor or software like Sublime text 3
- That’s your Fingerprint. Copy that And login to Laravel Forge.
STEP 3: Add Key on Forge
- After login to Forge, go to Your server which you want to connect with ssh or SFTP
- Click on SSH Key
- Now provide a Name and put your public key, which you generated in the previous step, and click on ADD.
- It will install on Laravel forge within a few seconds, and you are now ready to connect Laravel Forge with SSH or SFTP.
STEP 4: Get ready for SFTP Connection:
- Now we will show you how to connect SFTP by using FileZilla.
- Open FileZilla and go to Site Manager, Add New Site and Name your New Site.
- Protocol: Select FTP
- Host: Provide your Forge Server IP
- Port: 22
- Logon Type: Key File
- User: Forge
- KeyFiile: (Browse your Path, where you save SSH File, there is 2 file do not select .pub)
- Now Click On Connect.
- Boom, you are done.
- Now you will see your files, inside your server via FileZilla.
Was this article helpful?